2021-22 IL AITC Teacher Grant Winners
From books about pollinators and to biographies about important agriculture innovators, twelve McLean County teachers received book grants to add ag-related books & activities to their classrooms.
2021-22 Winners include:
- Robert Harrison, Oakdale Elementary
- Stacia Rockhold, Prairieland Elementary
- Gillian Schenk, Normal West HS
- Stacie Lange, Towanda Elementary
- Kristen Hammer, Fox Creek Elementary
- Suzie Schertz, Prairieland Elementary
- Morgan Glasson, Parkside Junior High
- Susan Steinbach, Sugar Creek Elementary
- Kathy Rasch, Prairieland Elementary
- Kacy Killian, Eugene Field
- Amanda Stanko, Corpus Christi
- Tina Thomas, Stevenson Elementary
In addition, Alison Flessnor from Tri-Valley Elementary a Project Grant for her proposed “Down on the Farm” lessons.
“Each year our teacher grant program is very competitive, and our judging panel is amazed at the unique programs teachers use to infuse agriculture into their curriculum,” says Kevin Daugherty, Director, Illinois Center for Agricultural Engagement and IAITC.
The grants are supported with funding from the IAA Foundation.
“We take pride in providing resources so teachers can continue to engage and inspire students. These grants are a meaningful way for the IAA Foundation to partner with likeminded organizations to fulfill our mission to support the future of agriculture through education,” says Susan Moore, Director of the IAA Foundation.
Partner organizations of IAITC include Illinois Farm Bureau, Facilitating Coordination in Agricultural Education (FCAE), University of Illinois Extension, Illinois Beef Association, Illinois Corn Growers, Illinois Pork Producers, Illinois Soybean Association, Midwest Dairy Association, Illinois Department of Agriculture and the Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts.
Contributions from agribusinesses and individuals also help fund foundation activities. To learn more or make a donation, visit www.iaafoundation.org. For information on IAITC, visit www.agintheclassroom.org.