Take a trip with Illinois Ag in the Classroom this summer without leaving your house!
Virtual Field Trips will be offered every Thursday at 9 a.m. via Zoom!
Thursdays from 9:00-9:30 AM
June 4, 11, 18, 25 and July 2, 9, 16, 23, 28
Tour a dairy farm, a pumpkin farm in Utah, the Staley Museum, and more!
June 4 – Grand Prairie Farms Virtual Field Trip – corn, popcorn & more!
Check out all that Illinois Ag in the Classroom has to offer with this line-up of virtual teacher training sessions!
McLean County teachers who complete at least one workshop will receive a FREE book & materials to implement the lessons in their classroom!!
All sessions are FREE and will be conducted via Zoom. Sessions will also be recorded & can be viewed on your own schedule.
Tuesdays from 9:00-10:00 AM
- June 2: View From the Cab: An Overview of Illinois Ag in the Classroom
- June 9: Legen-dairy Lessons about Milk and Moo-re
- June 16: STEM and Leaves: Innovative STEM Lessons with an Ag Connection
- June 24: Scrambled States of America: Ag-Themed Books for Every State (in conjunction with the National Ag in the Classroom Virtual Summit)
- June 30: The 3-Legged Stool: Finding Classroom Connections with Ag Sustainability
- July 7: Plowing Through Our Past: A Look at the History of Ag in Illinois
- July 14: Don’t Be a Bad Apple: Tasty Apple-Themed Lessons That Pack a Crunch
- July 21: Give ‘Em Pumpkin to Talk About: Engaging Pumpkin-Themed Texts and Lessons
Special 5-hour Mini-Conference:
- July 30: The Cultures of Agriculture: Exploring the Diversities of Food and Farming (9:00-noon and 1:00-3:00 with help from Illinois Commodity Groups)
Discover all things dairy from moo to you! Learn about dairy cows and all of the foods they provide including milk, cheese, yogurt and ice cream. Find more dairy details here.
Each Ag in a Bag includes:
- An Ag Mag
- Supplies for 1-2 hands-on STEM activities
- Links to videos & more!
Ag in a Bags are provided for free to schools in McLean County, Illinois. To request the Dairy Ag in a Bag, please e-mail us.
Discover all things dairy from moo to you! Learn about dairy cows and all of the foods they provide including milk, cheese, yogurt and ice cream.
Books to Read – set up a FREE account on www.openlibrary.org to read these online books for FREE for 14 days!